Not ready to leave the fair yet?
Take a break at the State Fair Sensory Station!
Location: Youth Hall (Behind the duck races)
Hours: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Every day of the Fair
The Sensory Station at the New Mexico State Fair provides a calm, safe space for any overwhelmed, over stimulated State Fair guests. This space can be utilized to de-escalate, cool down, and/or satisfy any sensory processing needs before returning to the activities. This specially designed space provides a variety of audio, visual, and tactile effects to help you find what works best to comfort your individual needs. As you explore the different effects and hands-on activities, the space also provides cool temperatures and restroom access to recharge the whole family or group. There is no age limit for anxiety and this station is created to support every person’s State Fair visit. Please stop by and tell us how we can improve your experiences.
If you have any questions about accommodations, the Sensory Station or volunteering at the Sensory Station, please email us at Expo.SensoryStation@expo.nm.gov.
Additional State Fair Resources to enhance your experience:
- My Way Survey (https://forms.gle/uk2ECt26EVQ9fm9M8) - Tell us about your experiences and what additional resources you’d like to see available at the NM State Fair.
- Wait Cards - Visual support for waiting in lines during your fair visit.
- Visual Schedule - An informative tool to help you plan your visit with pictures.
- Quest Chronicle - An informative tool to help you write out your plans.
- Sensory Map - A 10 page State Fair map with photos and information to prepare for a day at the fair.