9/6 Thursday - Law Enforcement Day
- Opening day of the 80th anniversary New Mexico State Fair honors our local and state police departments and all members of law enforcement. Fairgoers can check out the BAT Mobile, meet members of SWAT teams, and learn about New Mexico’s Law Enforcement Agencies. This event will include hundreds of our dedicated men and women of law enforcement.
All Law Enforcement Officers get in FREE with valid ID
9/7 Friday- Fire Fighters & Smokey Bear Day, Red Ribbon Relay Day
- Main Street and Heritage Avenues will be filled with fire engines from end to end. Check out vintage fire trucks, pumpers and emergency response vehicles up close and meet local fire fighters. The La Mesilla Fire Fighters – (Espanola, NM) will set up a “fire – safety house” that allow kids to learn how to react and escape injury if they are in a fire, and be sure to get your bear hug and a photo with Smokey Bear.
- The Multi-Cultural Drug and Alcohol Free Relay Run sponsored by the Red Ribbon Campaign is an annual event held to raise public awareness of the devastating impact that drugs and alcohol have on our citizens and our communities.
All Firefighters get in FREE with valid ID or uniform
9/8 Saturday - Parade Day and Mopars, Classic VW’s
- New Mexico biggest and best annual parade marches down Central Ave. into Nob Hill starting at 10AM on the first Saturday of the Fair. The New Mexico State Fair Parade is marshaled and assisted by the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Posse is open to participation by anyone.
- Main Street will host some of the absolute best automobiles from the 1960’s, 1970’s as well as the beloved vintage VW Bugs and Busses.
9/9 Sunday - Model T’s, Model A’s, Early Ford V8’s, Antique Car Show VMCCA, Classic Tractors
- White wall tires, chrome details and polished back paint, these American classics will remind you why we love cars. The State Fair celebrating 80 years, which is about as old as the Model A’s. There will even be a few Model T’s that are 100 years old at this Antique Car Show. The Vintage Tractors
9/10 Monday - Seniors’ Celebration Day & Healthy Living Day
- We honor our local Senior Citizens on Monday every year at the fair. There are plenty of great information booths and discounts at a multitude of vendors. New Mexico's Department of Health, Aging and Long Term Services Department and the New Mexico Senior Olympics, work together to promote healthy living and offer free health screenings and flu shots.
NM Green Chile Cheeseburger Challenge
- New Mexico’s definitive Green Chile Cheeseburger Challenge is an event you do not want to miss. Twelve of New Mexico’s best burger chefs will battle for the 2018 trophy and very limited State Fair attendees will have an opportunity to vote for the “People’s Choice” award and sample all the burgers.
9/11 Tuesday - Military & Veterans Appreciation Day
- NAVY week! The New Mexico State Fair has been chosen by the U.S. Navy as one of their larger outreach events of the year. Meet the USS Constitution sailors – truly American history! Also -- this is how you move an Army! Meet the men and women who get it done! On this day, we pay tribute to our esteemed military personnel and veterans.Special Ceremony – 12 Noon at Main & Heritage; includes a giant American Flag, music and recognition for the first responders on 9-11.
All Military and Veterans get in FREE with valid ID or uniform
9/12 Wednesday - Pathway to College & Careers Day, Environment Appreciation Day
- Students should take advantage of this excellent opportunity to meet and talk with college and trade school recruiters. Dozens of schools and institutions of higher learning will be providing great information to students, parents, and teachers including UNM, NMSU, CNM and colleges from neighboring states such as Colorado, Arizona and Texas.
- New Mexico plays a prominent role in global environmental research and development. Exhibits will include the Bureau of Land Management’s “Erosion Trailer Display” and solar energy.
9/13 Thursday - New Mexico True Day and the Gathering of the Counties
- There’s so much to see and discover in our beautiful state! New Mexico True Day and Gathering of Counties Day is a celebration of everything unique and authentic about New Mexico. This is a one-stop opportunity to plan your next tour of New Mexico!
9/14 Friday - Oil & Gas Day and Science & Technology Day
- The Oil and Gas industries have a tremendous economic impact in the State of New Mexico and their contribution to our local communities is essential. Displays include a Van de Graaff generator, a steam engine, radiation sources and Geiger counters.
- New Mexico is home to some of the greatest scientists and engineers in the world, and our two National Laboratories also have an important impact on our economy and our community. Enjoy hands on chemistry experiments and science demonstrations that will inspire your curiosity.
Everything science is what this is about!
9/15 Saturday - Hot Rods & Custom Cars and Native American Day
- You never know what to expect at the custom car show. Big Foot trucks, Hot Rodders, Low Riders and some cool classic Airstreams will fill Main Street on our final Saturday. Join us over in the Indian Village for Native American Day with special programming and performances.
9/16 Sunday – NMSF – Classic Car Show, Corvairs Car Show
- Last day of the New Mexico State Fair is always bittersweet, but walking down Main Street to see the amazing American Chevys, Mustangs, Oldsmobiles and Corvairs always cheers us up. Grab your final corndog, enjoy a concert and cruise the car show as we thank you for celebrating the 80th Anniversary New Mexico State Fair with us.